Buddhi Industries Pvt. Ltd. is one of pioneers for inventing machines for self employments in Sri Lanka.
Its Managing Director Mr. Maheepala started his business life as an Inventor doing various inventions and manufacturing machines to cater his customers' needs.Polythene Cutter, Pea nut Peeler, Thread winding machines, Machines for producing various kinds of sweets & Foods are among them.
When he was treading on his Business Life he was able to invent an Automated Machines to Extract Kernels from the Cashew nuts. This was an Invention patented & won him Awards, Medals not only Sri Lanka but in Switzerland also.
- Presidential Award for the Best Inventor of the year 1999.
- Gold Medal in 29th International Exhibitions, New Techniques and Products of Geneva.
This was initially had to be fed with single cashew nut at a time while improved to auto feed the cashew nuts by now. With this invention Mr. Maheepala was able to establish first Buddhi Industries & then Buddhi Industries Pvt. Ltd.
Its current Capacity of production & sales is100 Cashew Shelling machines per month.
- 1998 - Inventing an Automated machine to extract kernels from the cashew nuts called "Cashew Shelling Machine".
- 1999 - Patenting the "Cashew Shelling Machine"
- 1999 - Launch of "M-150-Cashew Shelling Machine"
- 1999 - Awarded as the Best Inventor of the year 1999 in the Presidential Award ceremony.
- 2000 - Registration of Buddhi Industries.
- 2001 - Receiving a Gold Medal in 29th International Exhibitions, New Techniques and Products of Geneva.
- 2001 - Improving the Cashew Shelling Machine & patenting it again.
- 2001 - Launch of "M-151-Cashew Shelling Machine".
- 2004 - Further improvement of the Cashew Shelling Machine & having an auto feeding Cashew Shelling Machine.
- 2004 - Patenting the auto feeding Cashew Shelling Machine.
- 2004 - Launch of "M-171-Cashew Shelling Machine".
- 2005 - Establishment of the workshop in 112-A-4, Kamaragoda Rd, GanihimullaDevalapola.
- 2007 - Incorporation of Buddhi Industries Pvt.Ltd.
- 2009 - PCT Filing
- 2009 - Export market was at the doorstep in mid 2009.
- 2010 - PCT publication.
- 2011 - Establishment of the new Factory